Resort and Recreation Planning and Design Technician/Landscape Architect
May 25, 2018
BHA (Brent Harley and Associates, Inc.) is a very active and growing, Whistler based resort and recreation, land planning and landscape architecture design firm. We specialize in all-season mountain resort master planning throughout the world. To find out more about us, please visit our website, www.brentharley.com.
We are in need of a highly qualified Planning and Design Technician / Landscape Architect to join our multidisciplinary team.
The successful candidate:
- Has a bachelor’s degree or diploma in landscape architecture or related field (BLA preferred);
- Has a minimum of 5 years of planning and design experience;
- Has full membership (or is eligible for membership) with the BCSLA;
- Has a solid working knowledge of all-season mountain resorts with a focus on skiing and mountain biking;
- Is highly proficient in the design and grading of facilities on mountainous terrain;
- Is adept at graphic design, plan illustration and 3D visualization (proficient in hand drawing, AutoCAD, ArcGIS and SketchUp);
- Has excellent written and oral communication skills (proficient in Word, InDesign and PowerPoint);
- Is capable of working to tight deadlines within defined project budgets;
- Works comfortably in an open concept office that always has eclectic alternative music playing;
- Is available to work full-time, in a flex-time environment at our Function Junction office;
- Is willing and able to live in or close to Whistler;
- Is a passionate skier/snowboarder, mountain biker and outdoor enthusiast;
- Understands the 20 cm rule.
In addition to these criteria, if you’re a self-starter, detail-oriented, hard working team player, capable of multi-tasking and effective communication, we would like to hear from you.
Please email your resume, portfolio, compensation expectations, availability and references to the attention of Sue Clark at firstname.lastname@example.org.